CALL TO BOOK: 083 251 9892 (Wayne) / 061 380 0447 (General Enquiries)
Your course begins with a little theory conducted in classroom discussion and school introductory course videos on the mechanics, equipment and techniques of paragliding.
You then move to the training grounds for practical skills development and practice inflating and controlling your wing on the ground, learning launching, landing, and steering skills before introducing the element of flight.
You will be presently surprised to find out how keen you will be to get your feet off the ground and take your first flight. As fledglings you will have a radio and be given clear direction during these early flights. Even a fear of heights is easily overcome as the level of control you experience is reassuring and you will not have the sensation of falling.
The course is designed as an introduction to the sport that will enable you to make an educated decision regarding paragliding and you. If you decide to continue with the Basic Licence Course, the Introductory Course fees will be applied towards the Basic Licence fee.
Most people have one of two reactions after their first two-days: Either: "Cool! What an amazing experience; onward to the next adventure - next week wind surfing and then bungee-jumping after that." or "Wow! I've wanted to fly like a bird all my life! I'm going to quit my job, sell the kids, buy a motor home and take up paragliding full time." BE WARNED - paragliding is highly addictive!
To pursue the sport, you will want to take a Basic Licence Course that will prepare you to start paragliding on your own without the supervision of an instructor.
The Fine Print
If we are unable to complete a program due to any operational shutdown, or circumstance arising from unforeseen events we will pro-rate a refund or merchandise exchange.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for students who terminate programs.
- Programs are not transferable to another individual.
- A surcharge may be applied if a student has missed training for more than 6 weeks. Students on certification programs may join any class where space permits.
- Classes are limited to a maximum of two new students and four Basic Licence program students per instructor per day unless otherwise arranged.
- Reservations are required and are not confirmed until a deposit has been paid.
- The deposit for the Intro Class and the Basic Licence Course is the full amount of the course.
- Deposits are refundable only if a qualified replacement student can be found for your reservation.
Paraglide South Africa reserves the right to modify, change, or delete any aspect of the training programs or fees at any time.
Students are required to have their own medical insurance. Please note: The minimum age for a student is 16 years old.
NO INSURANCE IS PROVIDED! TRAIN AND FLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!